Bluffview + Briarwood
Developed from what had been a 215-acre dairy farm, the land that is now Bluffview is punctuated by 50-foot bluffs that run along Bachman Creek. John P. Stevens, who was also responsible for Stevens Park in Oak Cliff, bought the farm in 1924 and divided the property into one-acre parcels. The lots are distinctive for their terrain features, many of which were formed from Bachman Creek’s streams and tributaries. Bluffview is bounded by Northwest Highway to the north, Midway to the west, Lovers Lane to the south, and Briarwood to the east. Bluffview is near shopping, restaurants, hotels, and Dallas’ in-town airport, Love Field. Many of the original homes have been restored and refurbished and are very much in use today.
Established in the 1930s by the Elsby family, Briarwood is an established enclave of approximately 400 homes west of Inwood Road, east of Midway Road, north of Lovers Lane, and south of Northwest Highway. Briarwood was the first Dallas neighborhood Dave Perry-Miller lived in when he moved to North Texas in the 1980s. The quaint neighborhood offers today’s buyers ample charm and a variety of architectural styles, including bungalows, cottages, Tudors, and tasteful newly built residences. Briarwood features mature trees, curving streets, and a close-in location convenient to the Dallas North Tollway. Briarwood also offers easy access to popular Lovers Lane shops and restaurants, as well as a quick commute to downtown Dallas.